1. Neural-Specific Deletion of Htra2 Causes Cerebellar Neurodegeneration and Defective Processing of Mitochondrial OPA1. (KO conditional)
VL Patterson; AJ Zullo; C Koenig; S Stoessel; H Jo; X Liu; J Han; M Choi; AT DeWan; JL Thomas; CY Kuan; J Hoh
PLoS One, 2014 Dec 22;9(12):e115789. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0115789. eCollection 2014.
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA;
Emory University School of Medicine and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
2. Vangl2-Regulated Polarisation of Second Heart Field-Derived Cells Is Required for Outflow Tract Lengthening during Cardiac Development. (KO conditional)
SA Ramsbottom; V Sharma; HJ Rhee; L Eley; HM Phillips; HF Rigby; C Dean; B Chaudhry; DJ Henderson
PLoS Genet., 2014 Dec 18;10(12):e1004871. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1004871. eCollection 2014.
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Newcastle University, Centre for Life, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK;
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK;
Mammalian Genetics Unit, MRC Harwell, Oxfordshire, UK.
3. Sodium channel β1 subunit localizes to axon initial segments of excitatory and inhibitory neurons and shows regional heterogeneity in mouse brain. (KO/KI)
VC Wimmer; RC Harty; KL Richards; AM Phillips; H Miyazaki; N Nukina; S Petrou
J Comp Neurol., 2014 Nov 25. doi: 10.1002/cne.23715. [Epub ahead of print]
Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Cnr Genetics Lane and Royal Parade, Victoria, 3010, Australia.
4. Positron emission tomography and functional characterization of a complete PBR/TSPO knockout. (KO conditional)
RB Banati; RJ Middleton; R Chan; CR Hatty; W Wai-Ying Kam; C Quin; MB Graeber; A Parmar; D Zahra; P Callaghan; S Fok; NR Howell; M Gregoire; A Szabo; T Pham; E Davis; GJ Liu
Nat Commun., 2014 Nov 19;5:5452. doi: 10.1038/ncomms6452.
Life Sciences, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, New South Wales 2232, Australia; Medical Imaging & Radiation Sciences, Faculty of Health Science and Brain & Mind Research Institute, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2
5. Nox2 Knockout Delays Infarct Progression and Increases Vascular Recovery through Angiogenesis in Mice following Ischaemic Stroke with Reperfusion. (KO conditional)
SK McCann; GJ Dusting; CL Roulston
PLoS One, 2014 Nov 6;9(11):e110602. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0110602. eCollection 2014.
O'Brien Institute, St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; Centre for Eye Research, the Royal Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
6. GPR18 is required for a normal CD8αα intestinal intraepithelial lymphocyte compartment. (KO conditional)
X Wang; H Sumida; JG Cyster
J Exp Med., 2014 Oct 27. pii: jem.20140646. [Epub ahead of print]
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143
7. Ly49E Expression on CD8αα-Expressing Intestinal Intraepithelial Lymphocytes Plays No Detectable Role in the Development and Progression of Experimentally Induced Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. (KO conditional)
A Van Acker; J Filtjens; S Van Welden; S Taveirne; E Van Ammel; M Vanhees; L Devisscher; T Kerre; T Taghon; B Vandekerckhove; J Plum; G Leclercq
PLoS One, 2014 Oct 13;9(10):e110015. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0110015. eCollection 2014.
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, and Department of Gastroenterology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium.
8. SMAR1 coordinates HDAC6-induced deacetylation of Ku70 and dictates cell fate upon irradiation. (KO conditional)
N Chaudhary; KK Nakka; PL Chavali; J Bhat; S Chatterjee; S Chattopadhyay
Cell Death Dis., 2014 Oct 9;5:e1447. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2014.397.
Chromatin and Disease Biology Laboratory, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune University Campus, Pune, India.
Department of Biophysics, Bose Institute, Kolkata, India.
9. Humanized Foxp2 accelerates learning by enhancing transitions from declarative to procedural performance. (KO/KI)
C Schreiweis; U Bornschein; E Burguière; C Kerimoglu; S Schreiter; M Dannemann; S Goyal; E Rea; CA French; R Puliyadi; M Groszer; SE Fisher; R Mundry; C Winter; W Hevers; S Pääbo; W Enard; AM Graybiel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2014 Sep 30;111(39):14253-8. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1414542111.
McGovern Institute for Brain Research and Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139;
Department of Evolutionary Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, 04103 Leipzig, Ger
10. PCSK9 inhibition fails to alter hepatic LDLR, circulating cholesterol and atherosclerosis in the absence of ApoE. (KO non-conditional)
B Ason; JW van der Hoorn; J Chan; E Lee; EJ Pieterman; KK Nguyen; M Di; S Shetterly; J Tang; WC Yeh; M Schwarz; JW Jukema; R Scott; SM Wasserman; HM Princen; S Jackson
J Lipid Res., 2014 Sep 25. pii: jlr.M053207. [Epub ahead of print]
Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, United States;
TNO - Metabolic Health Research, Netherlands;
Leiden University Medical Center, Netherlands.
11. The Role of p75NTR in Cholinergic Basal Forebrain Structure and Function. (KO/KI)
Z Boskovic; F Alfonsi; BA Rumballe; S Fonseka; F Windels; EJ Coulson
J Neurosci., 2014 Sep 24;34(39):13033-8. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2364-14.2014.
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, 4072, Brisbane, Australia.
12. Synaptic function is modulated by LRRK2 and glutamate release is increased in cortical neurons of G2019S LRRK2 knock-in mice (KI non-conditional)
DA Beccano-Kelly; N Kuhlmann; I Tatarnikov; M Volta; LN Munsie; P Chou; LP Cao; H Han; L Tapia; MJ Farrer; AJ Milnerwood
Front. Cell. Neurosci., doi: 10.3389/fncel.2014.00301
University of British Columbia, Canada
13. Maternal embryonic leucine zipper kinase regulates pancreatic ductal, but not β-cell, regeneration. (KO/KI)
CH Chung; A Miller; A Panopoulos; E Hao; R Margolis; A Terskikh; F Levine
Physiol Rep., 2014 Sep 4;2(9). pii: e12131. doi: 10.14814/phy2.12131. Print 2014 Sep 1.
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California.
14. A Reporter Mouse Reveals Lineage-Specific and Heterogeneous Expression of IRF8 during Lymphoid and Myeloid Cell Differentiation. (KI non-conditional)
H Wang; M Yan; J Sun; S Jain; R Yoshimi; SM Abolfath; K Ozato; VG Jr Coleman; AP Ng; D Metcalf; L DiRago; SL Nutt; HC 3rd Morse
J Immunol., 2014 Aug 15;193(4):1766-77. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1301939. Epub 2014 Jul 14.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
Department of Internal M
15. Runx2 is a novel regulator of mammary epithelial cell fate in development and breast cancer. (KO conditional)
TW Owens; RL Rogers; S Best; A Ledger; AM Mooney; A Ferguson; P Shore; A Swarbrick; CJ Ormandy; PT Simpson; JS Carroll; JE Visvader; MJ Naylor
Cancer Res., 2014 Jul 23. pii: canres.0053.2014.
School of Medical Sciences, University of Sydney.
Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne.
ACRF Stem Cells and Cancer Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
Faculty of Lifes Sciences, The Universit
16. Actin filament-associated protein 1 is required for cSrc activity and secretory activation in the lactating mammary gland. (KO conditional)
JM Cunnick; S Kim; J Hadsell; S Collins; C Cerra; P Reiser; DC Flynn; Y Cho
Oncogene, 2014 Jul 21;0. doi: 10.1038/onc.2014.205. [Epub ahead of print]
Department of Basic Sciences, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, PA, USA. Graduate School of Medicine, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, PA, USA.
Fortis Institute Scranton, Scranton, PA, USA.
Department of Pathology, Pocono Health Syst
17. Netrin-1 controls sympathetic arterial innervation. (KO conditional)
I Brunet; E Gordon; J Han; B Cristofaro; D Broqueres-You; C Liu; K Bouvrée; J Zhang; R Del Toro; T Mathivet; B Larrivée; J Jagu; L Pibouin-Fragner; L Pardanaud; MJ Machado; TE Kennedy; Z Zhuang; M Simons; BI Levy; M Tessier-Lavigne; A Grenz; H Eltzschig; A Eichmann
J Clin Invest, 2014 Jul 1;124(7):3230-40. doi: 10.1172/JCI75181.
Centre Interdisciplinaire de Recherche en Biologie (CIRB), Collège de France, Inserm U1050/CNRS UMR7241, Paris, France. Paris Cardiovascular Research Center (PARCC), INSERM U970, Paris, France.
Yale Cardiovascular Research Center, Yale University School
18. The diabetes susceptibility gene clec16a regulates mitophagy. (KO conditional)
SA Soleimanpour; A Gupta; M Bakay; AM Ferrari; DN Groff; J Fadista; LA Spruce; JA Kushner; L Groop; SH Seeholzer; BA Kaufman; H Hakonarson; DA Stoffers
Cell, 2014 Jun 19;157(7):1577-90. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2014.05.016.
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine and the Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism of the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA;
Division of Metabolism, Endo
19. AMPK phosphorylation of ACC2 is required for skeletal muscle fatty acid oxidation and insulin sensitivity in mice. (KI non-conditional)
HM O'Neill; JS Lally; S Galic; M Thomas; PD Azizi; MD Fullerton; BK Smith; T Pulinilkunnil; Z Chen; MC Samaan; SB Jorgensen; JR Dyck; GP Holloway; TJ Hawke; BJ van Denderen; BE Kemp; GR Steinberg
Diabetologia, 2014 Aug;57(8):1693-702. doi: 10.1007/s00125-014-3273-1. Epub 2014 Jun 10.
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, HSC 4N63, McMaster University, 1280 Main St West, Hamilton, ON, Canada, L8N 3Z5.
20. Reduced dendritic arborization and hyperexcitability of pyramidal neurons in a Scn1b-based model of Dravet syndrome. (KO/KI)
CA Reid; B Leaw; KL Richards; R Richardson; V Wimmer; C Yu; EL Hill-Yardin; H Lerche; IE Scheffer; SR Berkovic; S Petrou
Brain., 2014 Jun;137(Pt 6):1701-15. doi: 10.1093/brain/awu077.
Florey Institute for Neuroscience and Mental Health, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010, Australia.
Department of Neurology and Epileptology, Hertie Institute of Clinical Brain Research, University of Tübingen, Germany.
Neurological Clinic and
21. Facilitation of endoglin-targeting cancer therapy by development/utilization of a novel genetically engineered mouse model expressing humanized endoglin (CD105). (Not categorised)
H Toi; M Tsujie; Y Haruta; K Fujita; J Duzen; BK Seon
Int J Cancer, 2014 May 28. doi: 10.1002/ijc.28994. [Epub ahead of print]
Department of Immunology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY;
Department of Surgery, Megumino Hospital, Eniwa, Hokkaido, Japan.
22. Characterization of the Mitofusin 2 R94W Mutation in a Knock-in Mouse Model. (KI conditional)
AV Strickland; AP Rebelo; F Zhang; J Price; B Bolon; JP Silva; R Wen; S Züchner
J Peripher Nerv Syst., 2014 May 23. doi: 10.1111/jns5.12066.
Department of Human Genetics and Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL.
23. Stress- and diet-induced fat gain is controlled by NPY in catecholaminergic neurons (KO/KI)
L Zhang; ICJ Lee; RF Enriquez; J Lau; LH Vähätalo; PA Baldock; E Savontaus; H Herzog
Molecular Metabolism, 16 May 2014 (10.1016/j.molmet.2014.05.001)
Neuroscience Division, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney 2010, Australia
Faculty of Medicine, UNSW Australia, Sydney 2052, Australia
24. Optimization of GPR40 Agonists for Type 2 Diabetes (KO/KI)
JJ Liu; Y Wang; Z Ma; M Schmitt; L Zhu; SP Brown; PJ Dransfield; Y Sun; R Sharma; Q Guo; R Zhuang; J Zhang; J Luo; GR Tonn; S Wong; G Swaminath; JC Medina; DCH Lin; JB Houze
ACS Med. Chem. Lett., 2014, 5 (5), pp 517–521
Department of Therapeutic Discovery, Metabolic Disorders, Translational Sciences, Amgen Inc., 1120 Veterans Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, United States
25. Naive idiotope-specific B and T cells collaborate efficiently in the absence of dendritic cells. (KI non-conditional)
J Jacobsen; OA Haabeth; AA Tveita; KW Schjetne; LA Munthe; B Bogen
J Immunol., 2014 May 1;192(9):4174-83. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1302359. Epub 2014 Apr 4.
Centre for Immune Regulation, Oslo University Hospital, University of Oslo, N-0372 Oslo, Norway
26. Follistatin-like protein 1 regulates chondrocyte proliferation and chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. (KO conditional)
Y Chaly; HC Blair; SM Smith; DS Bushnell; AD Marinov; BT Campfield; R Hirsch
Ann Rheum Dis., 2014 Mar 21. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2013-204822. [Epub ahead of print]
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA.
27. The co-repressor Rcor1 is essential for murine erythropoiesis. (KO conditional)
H Yao; DC Goldman; T Nechiporuk; S Kawane; SK McWeeney; TW Tyner; G Fan; MA Kerenyi; SH Orkin; WH Fleming; G Mandel
Blood, 2014 Mar 20. [Epub ahead of print]
Vollum Institute, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, United States
28. Enhanced in vitro CA1 network activity in a sodium channel β1(C121W) subunit model of genetic epilepsy. (KO/KI)
RJ Hatch ; CA Reid; S Petrou
Epilepsia, 2014 Mar 7. doi: 10.1111/epi.1
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia.
29. A human sleep homeostasis phenotype in mice expressing a primate-specific PER3 variable-number tandem-repeat coding-region polymorphism. (KI conditional)
S Hasan; DR van der Veen; R Winsky-Sommerer ; A Hogben; EE Laing; F Koentgen; DJ Dijk; SN Archer
FASEB J, 2014 Mar 5. [Epub ahead of print]
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
30. Physiological expression of the PI3K-activating mutation Pik3caH1047R combines with Apc loss to promote development of invasive intestinal adenocarcinomas in mice. (KI conditional)
LM Hare; TJ Phesse; PM Waring; KG Montgomery; KM Kinross; K Mills; V Roh; JK Heath; RG Ramsay; M Ernst; WA Phillips
The Biochemical journal, 2014 Mar 1;458(2):251-8. doi: 10.1042/BJ20131412.
Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC, Australia.
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
31. The transcription factor IRF8 activates integrin-mediated TGF-β signaling and promotes neuroinflammation. (KO/KI)
Y Yoshida; R Yoshimi; H Yoshii; D Kim; A Dey; H Xiong; J Munasinghe; I Yazawa; MJ O'Donovan; OA Maximova; S Sharma; J Zhu; H Wang; HC 3rd Morse; K Ozato
Immunity, 2014 Feb 20;40(2):187-98. doi: 10.1016/j.immuni.2013.11.022.
NICHD, NINDS, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA.
32. Presence and regulation of insulin-regulated aminopeptidase in mouse macrophages. (KO conditional)
A Nikolaou; B Stijlemans; D Laoui; E Schouppe; HT Tran; D Tourwé; SY Chai; PM Vanderheyden; JA Van Ginderachter
Journal of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system : JRAAS, 2014 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print]
Molecular and Biochemical Pharmacology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
33. Transforming Growth Factor β-induced Protein Promotes Severe Vascular Inflammatory Responses. (KO conditional)
JS Bae; W Lee; JO Nam; JE Kim; SW Kim; IS Kim
American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine, 2014 Feb 7. [Epub ahead of print]
Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
34. S-opsin knockout mice with the endogenous M-opsin gene replaced by an L-opsin variant (KO/KI)
Greenwald SH; Kuchenbecker JA; Roberson DK; Nietz M; Nietz J
Visual Neuroscience, 31, pp 25-37. doi:10.1017/S0952523813000515.
Vision Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
35. p85α recruitment by the CD300f phosphatidylserine receptor mediates apoptotic cell clearance required for autoimmunity suppression. (KO conditional)
L Tian; SC Choi; Y Murakami; J Allen; HC Morse Iii; CF Qi; K Krzewski; JE Coligan
Nature communications, 2014 Jan 30;5:3146. doi: 10.1038/ncomms4146.
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA.
36. Follistatin-like protein 1 enhances NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated IL-1β secretion from monocytes and macrophages. (KO conditional)
Y Chaly; Y Fu; A Marinov; B Hostager; W Yan; B Campfield; JA Kellum; D Bushnell; Y Wang; J Vockley; R Hirsch
European journal of immunology, 2014 Jan 28. doi: 10.1002/eji.201344063. [Epub ahead of print]
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA.