Stock strain ordering FAQ
Stock strain ordering FAQ
How do I order mice on the Ozgene ARC portal?
- To view a step-by-step tutorial –> click here
What happens if I accidentally enter an incorrect phone number at registration and can’t receive a verification code?
- Not to worry, email us at email@example.com.
- We will delete your attempted registration so that you can start over.
How do I pay for my order?
- Credit card is the preferred payment method.
- If you are unable to pay by credit card, you can also request to activate the PO option by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After activation, the portal will require you to upload a PDF of the PO when you submit your order.
Can we use group accounts to order?
- Each registration requires an email address and mobile number.
- A code sent to the mobile phone is used for authentication at login.
- For now, the easiest option is to have a single person login and place the orders.
- We are investigating other authentication methods to allow multiple users to log into the same account.
Am I able to cancel or edit my order?
- To view our terms & conditions –> click here
- See “8.5 Order Cancellation and Amendments”
How are shipping costs calculated?
- When you place your order, our system will calculate the shipping costs based on your location and the number of required shippers and compartments.
- Please note that males from different litters or different original cages will need to be separated, which often means that sending males requires more shippers than females. This is to improve animal welfare, minimise stress and reduce fighting during transit.
- To reduce the shipping cost per animal, you may include additional animals of a different strain, age or sex in the same order. Just remember to select the same shipping address and date.
- The portal will display the final shipping cost at checkout.
Will my existing account transfer to Ozgene ARC automatically?
- Ozgene ARC is a newly created entity.
- Accounts from the ARC will not automatically transfer to Ozgene ARC.
- Please create a new account on the ordering portal.
- If your purchasing department needs to set Ozgene ARC up as a new vendor, please email email@example.com with the required documentation.
How far in advance can I place orders?
- Currently you are only able to order animals that have been weaned.
- Mice are weaned at ~22 days to determine their sex.
- The youngest mice you can order are 3-4 weeks.
- There is a 1-week ordering window for 4-week-old mice, 2-week ordering window for 5-week-old mice, and so on.
- The oldest mice available on the portal are 12 weeks, and they can be ordered up to 9 weeks in advance.
- We are working on functionality to enable you to place orders earlier by accessing estimated mouse numbers prior to weaning.
Can I turn off the SMS verification on my account?
- SMS verification serves as a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on the ordering portal and can’t be inactivated.
- MFA adds an extra layer of security to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
- We are investigating other MFA options to allow group accounts on the ordering portal.
When to shop?
- Our ordering portal updates at 12 pm and 4 pm AWST each day, displaying the newly weaned animals that have become available. We hope that being aware of these times will minimise the need to check the portal several times a day for available animals. Once our stock levels are sufficient, we will transition the portal to update in real-time as weaning is carried out in our Vivarium.
How to request special arrangements?
- You can request a deviated septum check for female mice using a dropdown field while placing your order on the portal. For any other requests, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your order number as reference. Please avoid entering requests in the “Researcher/PI” or “Customer Reference Number” fields, as these are exclusively used for invoicing and shipping label information. Please be aware that although we will make efforts to fulfil your request, there might be certain limitations to what we can accommodate.
What strains are available?
- Information is available on our website for the strains transferred from the ARC. Please refer to our ordering portal for the current availability of each strain.
Any other questions?
- We are happy to help!
- Email us at email@example.com