|Nomenclature||NOD.Cg-Prkdcscid ll2rgtm1Wjl /SzJ/Ozarc|
|Synonyms||NOD-scid IL2Rgammanull, NOD-scid IL2Rgnull,NOD scid gamma|
|Strain||Congenic, Spontaneous mutation, Targeted mutation|
|Coat colour||Albino (A/A Tyrc /Tyrc )|
|JAX stock number||005557|
- MHC haplotype: H2Kg7
- NSG mice do not express the Prkdc gene nor the X-linked Il2rg gene.
- The mice are viable, fertile, normal in size and do not display any gross physical or behavioral abnormalities.
- NSG mice lack mature T cells, B cells, or functional NK cells, and are deficient in cytokine signaling, leading to better engraftment of human hematopoietic stem cells and peripheral-blood mononuclear cells than any other published mouse strain.
- NSG mice exhibit a progressive hearing loss that is already severe by three months of age. Due to their level of immunodeficiency NSG mice need to be maintained in a ‘maximum barrier’.
- This strain is only available for Australian and New Zealand researchers.
- These double mutant mice were produced by breeding female NOD.CB17- Prkdcscid /J mice with male mice bearing the X-linked B6.129S4-Il2rgtm1Wjl /J allele. The resulting male mice heterozygous for the Prkdcscid allele and hemizygous for the Il2rgtm1Wjl allele were crossed to female NOD.CB17- Prkdcscid /J mice for eight generations.
- Heterozygotes were interbred to produce mice homozygous for the Prkdcscid allele and homozygous (females) or hemizygous (males) for the Il2rgtm1Wjl allele.
- NSG strain is imported from JAX into Animal Resource Centre (ARC) in 2021.
- The stock strain is transferred to Ozgene ARC in 2023.
- Recent publications have demonstrated this strain’s outstanding utility in the studies of islet transplantation, hematopoietic stem cells and cancer stem cells.
- These mice are sold subject to The Jackson Laboratory’s Conditions of Use and also the Australian Patent Number (2004268530). Information regarding conditions of use is available at: JAX General Terms and Conditions.
- JAX mice are the gold standard for animal model research.
- Ozgene ARC terms and Conditions
- Mouse images are representative only. Actual phenotypes may vary based on genotype, sex, age, husbandry, health status, and other factors.